***Please note: It is the owner's/building contractor's responsibility to provide a method of termite control treatment in compliance with section R318, I.R.C.
The residential inspection checklist for conventional foundations includes:
- City reviewed site plan with dimensioned setbacks shall be on the jobsite, section R106.3.1, I.R.C. ***Please note: To check setbacks, property lines must be strung.
- Continuous footing size, depth and placement of steel reinforcement, per City reviewed drawings.
- Foundation forms must be clear of all debris.
- Footings must be supported on undisturbed natural soil or engineered fill, section R403.1, I.R.C.
- Steel reinforcement layout (bend diameters, splices, ties, hooks, etc.) per Chapter 7, ACI 318-08.
- Isolation material used between steel reinforcement and any metallic support device that is in direct contact with the earth.
- Concrete cover (minimum 3" below rebar) for steel reinforcement, section R403.1.3, I.R.C., City amended.
- Foundation footing with stemwall, min. (2) #4s horizontal, section R403.1.3.1, I.R.C., City amended.
- Turned-down footings, min. (2) #4s horizontal, section R403.1.3.2, I.R.C., City amended.
- Construction joint between footing and stemwall, min #4 at 48" o.c., section R403.1.3, I.R.C., City amended.
- Proper size, model type, and location of required structural holdowns and/or special anchors per City reviewed drawings.
- Pier footings per City reviewed drawings.
- Concrete-encased electrode (UFER). Example: A minimum #4 rebar, at least 20 feet in continuous length and having a minimum 2 inch concrete encasement in compliance with section E3608.1.2, I.R.C. ***Please note: If a bare copper (grounding electrode) conductor is used, it shall not be smaller than 4 AWG. Also, since earth resistance is not known, a minimum of two (2) copper ground rod electrodes are required, spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart, and driven into ground, spaced a minimum of 6 feet apart, sections E3608.1.4.1 and E3608.3, I.R.C.
- Grade sloped away from foundation stemwalls, section R401.3, I.R.C.